Search Scientist Training at Google Dublin
Last month, April 28th 2015, Ash, Louise and Stephen visited Google’s European headquarters in Dublin for a Google training session. This was a return to familiar surroundings for Louise who is a former Google employee, having previously spent over 3 years in the Dublin office, where she worked as an AdWords Optimisation Specialist, Strategist and AdWords Trainer.
For Ash and Stephen, this was the first time they got to experience one of the largest tech companies in the world and they were happy to find that Google do not keep all of the perks for Silicon Valley.
Five Things We Discovered About Google Dublin
- The food is free! Have you ever watched a movie called The Internship and wondered if all the food at Google really is free? We can confirm that it is, there are 5 cafeterias serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a further 40 micro kitchens throughout the building if you ever feel like a snack. All free!
- No need for personal gym membership. There is an onsite gym with scheduled classes and a 25-meter swimming pool. Employees can also relax by taking a break in the massage rooms, playing a video arcade or having a game of billiards.
- The office takes up 4 Buildings. Each floor has a different Google themed motif, like “Search” and “App-iness”. There are also over 400 meeting rooms that portray an aspect of Irish, green, or tech culture.
- There are currently more than 3,500 employees at Google Dublin. This is up from around 800 since when Louise worked there only five years ago.
- Work hours are 9am – 6pm. However, many Googlers tend to work longer hours than this. With such a positive work environment and so many on-site perks, it’s understandable why Googlers go the extra mile.
Search Scientist Training
After grabbing lunch with our Google representatives Laura and Matt, we moved up to the 12th floor to get down to business. Our training session was bespoke to Search Scientist and covered four main areas:
- Search Marketing
- Advertising on Mobile
- Display Marketing
- Google Shopping Campaigns
We discussed new and upcoming AdWords features designed to further optimise accounts and generate an improved return on investment (ROI). Search Scientist has been whitelisted to use a number of new ad formats as well as new targeting and remarketing features.
We talked about the importance of the customer journey across various devices, from initial research on a mobile device to completing a conversion on a desktop. Cross-device conversion tracking, attribution models and automated bidding, to name but a few of the new tools discussed.
We left with our notebooks full of takeaway actions so that we can continually improve AdWords accounts and exceed peer benchmarks. Laura and Matt also made sure that we did not leave empty handed, with each of us receiving a Google Goodie bag.
Search Scientist is an official Google Partner with three AdWords certified employees. We are results driven and continually provide the best possible ROI for our clients. Contact us to find out how we can improve your AdWords account. Call 028 90 683790 or email email@example.com.