Recently Search Scientist’s Ash was invited to the ‘Website & Online Marketing’ Seminar with Donal Doherty, to talk via Skype about using Google Analytics to measure user behaviour and conversions.
The event was organised by Engage Live, an organisation which provides training to photographers across the world. This event was watched by over 5,000 photographers across the world.
The purpose of the Webinar was to share how to use photography websites to attract high-end clients, how to track and analyse data from the website to help improve performance and using tools to enable the creation of a unique and compelling website, while understanding procedures to measure success.
The main points covered in Ash’s talk were:
- Audience: Who are the users that visit your website?
- Acquisition: How did the users reach your website?
- Behaviour: What did the users do after they arrived on your website?
- Conversions: How many completed the desired action(s) while on your website?
- Goals: How can you measure users who converted?
- Real Time: Who is on your site right now?
- Site Search: When users are on your website, what are they looking for any typing into the search box?
For a brief snippet of the Webinar, you can watch the video below, detailing Site Search on Google Analytics and how it is set up:
If you have any questions about Google Analytics, you can add your query to the comments section below or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org.