Google recently announced Merchant Promotions are to become available in the UK, this means that AdWords advertisers can now include promotions alongside Product Listing Ads on Google Shopping search results.
What is the advantage of using Promotions for PLA campaigns?
There are three solid advantages with using promotions in your PLA campaigns.
1. Acquire – Boost click-through-rate CTR by highlighting your listings
2. Convert – Increase conversions by giving shoppers a reason to buy now
3. Save – No extra charge for using promotions with your Product Listings Ads
Participating retailers in the US have reported improved performance across their Google Shopping campaigns, with a general increase in CTR and conversions and a lower cost per click.
Find out more about the success that companies have had with promotional PLAs here.
You must submit a Promotions feed following the Google Merchant promotions feed specifications. Below is a quick look at the type of promotions that are acceptable:
This feed is then uploaded in your Merchant Center; datafeed type = ‘Promotions’.
If you want to run a product specific promotion, map your promotion to your existing product feed by following these steps:
- Create a new column called promotion_id in your product feed
- Add the promotion id from your promotions feed to applicable products in your product feed
- Upload your product feed as usual
- Check the Promotions dashboard to track promotional approval by Shopping. If rejected, click the question mark and “learn more” link for rejection reasons
Promotions in Google Shopping campaigns provide an excellent opportunity to engage consumers.
If you would like more information on anything mentioned in this article, please do not hesitate to get in touch – email@example.com or comment below.